The Story of Virtual Eye Golf
What's in the Virtual Eye Golf Package?
- 3 VE personnel, where VE is required to use its own proprietary GPS ball plotting application - the VE Golf Trak system, consisting of one PC and two monitors, can be set up within a golf OB in under an hour. Output can be SDI, HD, 4x3, 16x9, PAL or NTSC
- A full 3D Model of the Golf Course built from aerial stereo photography - Individualised hole flyovers can be created daily depending on tee and pin positions, weather conditions or to explain how the hole has played so far during the tournament. Features include showing any view point, tee box statistics such as rise/fall to green, slopes, distance markers, zones and current pin position.
- Ball positions are located to an accuracy of less than 0.5 metres and can be instantly displayed in Virtual Eye. We can track every player through holes creating a visual overview of how a hole is playing - Simulated Ball Trajectories do not provide the actual flight path of the ball, yet they have proven to be useful in providing viewers with an idea of how particular golfers are playing certain holes.
- The VE Weather Package provides wind strength and direction graphics together with visualisation to match the conditions on any given day - The VE Texturing Technique allows us to create models of golf courses to an entirely new level, blurring the boundary between what is real and what is virtual. The technique gives unprecedented detail, not only on the greens but also on the fairways and bunkers.
- Full Integration of Helicopter Flyovers - integrating real HD aerial video footage of individual holes into our 3D application we are able to create the most photo-realistic modelling of golf courses available. In effect we take control of the helicopter flyovers and provide complete interactivity and control of where the camera travels.
- Radar Tracked Ball Flights - Taking the numerical statistics generated by radar tracking companies such as Trakman or Flightscope, Virtual Eye creates 3D visualisation which brings those stats to life. Virtual Eye can interpret the data so as to represent the actual speed of the ball and is able to match the animation to the actual ball flight in the real video coverage.
- Flight Line is our version of Pro Tracer. Using locked off cameras behind selected tee blocks we overlay Trakman ball tracks to trace the flight of the real ball over a live shot.- Live Ball Track to Virtual - by mixing through to the Virtual 3D graphics we can now track around the ball flight to see where the ball ended up and view the flight from fairway back to tee. The live video merges seamlessly to the virtual world and the camera tracks from the tee to the end position of the ball giving the viewer the full story of the shot as played.
For more detailed information, download or view the 16-page Virtual Eye Golf.PDF
A montage of recent Virtual Eye golf graphics, showcasing the latest advances in our technology (August 2016).